The Logistics Coordinator will effectively assist and support the Transport and Waste Divisions on the day to day operations through successful allocation of vehicles to ensure a right first time approach and deliver great customer service.
As a Coordinator, you will be part of a team who are responsible for the effective use of transport assets/operations within the Anglian group.
You will ensure that transport is co-ordinated in accordance with the department and project requirements in conjunction with the Transport Manager whilst adhering to Anglian’s Company standards.
The role will also ensure all Health and Safety standards are maintained and ensure that environmental, and O Licence compliance is maintained at all times.
You will also be responsible for the creation of weekly depot reports to support and analyse fleet, stock, mileage, and fuel reports along with scheduling and maintaining daily workload outputs to ensure effective support and delivery of planned transport movements for projects and customer requirements.
· Managing route efficiency and utilising optimum disposal outlets within the area to ensure effective use of vehicles and facilities.
· Managing driver’s availability and coverage in line with RHA legislation and internal procedures to ensure that projects and customers’ requirements are met, and coverage is provided.
· Managing the overall logistics co-ordination for the division in conjunction with the Transport Manager, taking and updating bookings, dispatching drivers and loads on time.
· Supporting day to day management of drivers in order to achieve right first time requirements and delight our customers.
· Supporting vehicle availability on a daily basis to ensure that drivers have completed their checks in accordance with Anglian’s policies.
· Carrying out visual safety checks of the fleet with guidelines to ensure DVSA regulations are complied with and liaise with fleet to minimise vehicle downtime.
· Debriefing of drivers to identify any challenges and support with resolutions and improvements to planned works.
· General tasks as required
· Supporting with broker customer queries.
· Supporting the Transport Manager with divisional requirements, and deputising in their absence.
Experience & Requirements:
· Previous knowledge of the transport and waste sector (desirable)
· CPC qualification (desirable)
· Strong knowledge of the local area.
· Good organisational skills
· Effective communicator
· Team Player
· Problem solver
· Plan effectively
· Computer literate, ability to use business software and Microsoft office package applications
What to expect
Monday to Friday - occasional weekend working may be required
Average 42.5. hours per week
Working hours between 7:00 am- 5:00 pm (Monday-Friday) (flexible approach)
Competitive Salary (to be discussed at interview stage)
28 days holiday (including bank/ public holidays)
Wellbeing Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Company uniform provided
If you think you have the skills and experience for the position or wish to find out more, please do not hesitate to contact Nicholas Bacon, HR Manager/ Anthony Steventon, Transport Manager on the main office number 01953 608050, email email@example.com or click below to apply.
Reference ID: ANG0308LCO
To apply please fill out the form on the right, call 01953 608050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org